Manufactured by United Cutlery and up until around 2000 they were pre sold out to dealers which is why they were never pictured in any of the catalogs. These pieces have always been kept to a very limited run of between 1000 and 2000 worldwide. For more information on serial number ranges, models and dates of manufacture go to my Hibben Model Chart page.
UC898-G - 1996 Dragon Lord
1996 Edition - First Edition Dragon Lord Maroon Grip - UC898-G Run of 1500
Retail: $ ?
The original edition with maroon grips was so popular that its run of 1500 pieces sold out to the dealers incredibley fast and United, due to demand, was forced to make a second run of another 1000 gold knives but with black handles.
Overall length 14”
Blade length 8”
Blade thickness ¼”
Blade material 420 J2 stainless steel
Handle Antiqued dark red imitationsousan stone (a Chinese carving stome) with a relief carved dragon scale texture. Cast metal guard, subhilt and pommel with a 24k gold plated polished finish.
Display: Hardwood display case with plexiglass dust cover and matched serial numbered cloisonne medallion.
There are 8 variants of this design
1. UC898 Regular Edition
2. UC898 FPR Edtion of 7500 serial numbered knives
3. UC898-G Gold Edition Maroon handle variant
4. UC898-G Gold Edition Black Handle Variant
5. 40th Anniversary Edition of 750 serial numbered knives with special edition etch
6. UC898-E European Version with shortened knuckle guard
7. UC898 Edge Company edition of only 400 serial numbered knives with special edition etch
8. UC898B Bronze Edition